Check Out the GridIron BlogRSS
I didn’t like this week’s posts either. My most sincere apologies for bland posts. For one, I’m over the dips–Sorry, Momo. And I’m certainly over the Super Bowl.
It was a down blog week thanks to all of the other great things going on here at Gridiron Belles HQ! (More about that later. Just know that I am going on an official visit to Mizzou on Monday and Tuesday!)
This week, I pretended that Gridiron Belles needed to care deeply about the Super Bowl. We just don’t. At least not nearly as much as we needed to be reviewing notes from national signing day. (Saturday Down South Recap)
Alas, no Gridiron Belle should attend a watch party without knowing a little bit about the game on the big screen. The basics still apply: Do your research on ESPN.com, follow sports enthusiast on twitter and remember that the Super Bowl is always more about the food, commercials and never-a-dull-moment-half time show!
Quick Facts Before Sunday:
- This is Super Bowl XLVI (46)
- Kick off is at 6:29pm EST
- The game is being played in Indianapolis, IN
- The two teams playing are the New York Giants and the New England Patriots
- These two teams also played in 2008 when the Giants upset the Patriots’ perfect season
- Eli Manning is the QB for the New York Giants. Eli is often referred to as “Little Brother” because his big brother is Peyton Manning… who has just been cleared to play after a season ending neck injury.
- Ole Miss is Eli Mannings alma-matter. And his father’s, Archie Manning.
- Gisel’s husband is the QB for the Patriots . He is often referred to as Tom Brady.
- Brady’s better half on the field, Rob Gronkoski (TE), had a sprained ankle… according to Patriots coach, Bill Belichick (the guy on the sideline always wearing an inappropriately casual hooded sweatshirt), Gronkoski is OK to play. He thinks.
- Madonna is performing the half time show. Apparently at one point she sits bedazzled on a thrown. The article also says the Ceelo Green is involved with his own bedazzeling. I’m going to probably watch while standing up so I can leave the room without much effort when I get embarrassed for the duo.
- Standard watch game etiquette applies: Don’t show up empty handed, be social- but not at the cost of running the game for others, send your host a thank you note!
- Rule Change: During this game, pour your drinks, fill your plates and use the restroom during the game. You know all anyone talks about on Monday is the commercials!
Enjoy the last football game for a looong time!
Xs and Os,