By now you know that almost anything can be done in your team colors. And that inlcudes Chex' infamous Muddy Buddies(TM).
In an attempt to make my LSU loving guests feel more comfortable as their tigers matched up against my tigers, I went ahead and threw in purple and gold M&Ms to make this batch. But you can order any color M&Ms under the sun to mix in and make it perfect for your game day.
Trust me, 18 servings isn't going to be enough.
Xs and Os,
- 9 cups Rice Chex™, Corn Chex™ or Chocolate Chex™ cereal (or combination)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup of M&Ms in each of your teams' colors
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- Before adding your team colors, it's best to put mix in the fridge over night.
Above is the original recipe from Chex. Because why fix what isn't broken?
Send us your game day recipes or tag us in your game day spread! We love to know what you're doing and eating on Saturdays! #GridironBelles